Hello CCI Alumni, Faculty and Staff (1600 registered... and counting)
The Reunion is only 1 year 5 months and 1 day away.
We've got a real laundry list of items that we'd like to mention to everyone:
The size and scope of the 100 year reunion celebration will require funds greater than those generated by registration fees alone. The CCI100 reunion team is looking for both volunteers and donations in order to make the CCI100 reunion a success. Please consider donating either your time or some operating funds to the reunion. If donations and ticket sales exceed Reunion costs then any remaining funds will be used to establish a lasting legacy by creating a scholarship fund for CCI students. Please look under the "Giving" header in the side menu for more information.
2. Committee Meetings
We've made it easier for people to put the CCI 100 Committee Meetings into their schedule. The CCI 100 Committee meetings will now be held on every 4th Tuesday of each month until June 2009 (ie. the next meeting is on Feb 24th; and then Mar 24; April 28; May 26; June 23). Meetings will be held in the CCI Library and start at 7 PM. Everyone is welcome to attend. The schedule for Committee Meetings after June 2009 will be decided at the June 23, 2009 meeting.
We've added a FAQ page on the website that will try to answer some of the most "frequently asked questions". Questions with answers will continue to be added to the site.
We've had quite a few inquiries about hotel bookings and whether it would be a good idea to book now. In our estimation the earlier you can book a room the better. Always remember, though, that booking a room does not always guarantee that room. It's best to make a confirmation call 4 to 6 months in advance of the booking and sometimes it's best to hold the booking with a credit card number.
5. Manual Registration
If anyone knows alumni, faculty or staff that are not hooked up to the internet but you think they would be interested in the Reunion please send us their name, address and/or phone number and we will ensure that a manual registration form is sent to them and that they will be updated with any new Reunion information. Remember: Registering your name on the website does not commit you to attending the Reunion; once plans are finalized we will be selling tickets to the Reunion events and registering on the website gives us the information we need to keep you up to date on our plans.
6. Blood, Sweat and Volunteers
We are looking for Coordinators in a number of areas to join our very enthusiastic (and very cool and highly intelligent) Reunion Team (see the Reunion Team page on the website to view our current members).
• set up a committee for their area as needed
• prepare and maintain budget for their area
• prepare ongoing and final reports to executive
In addition to the following specific duties for each Coordinator:
• Registration – Initiates pre-registration procedure
– Will work closely with Web guy and
• Registration Packages – Prepare kits, tickets, etc for events, set up registration desks
• Memories – Investigates formats and costs for an audio/visual item to remember CCI and the Reunion; decide on amounts of each to obtain and make arrangements to have produced
• Clean-Up – Work with Exhibition, Sports Coordinator and Family Day Coordinator with regard to the sites used
• Transportation – Determine the needs during the reunion; obtain quotes and make arrangements for transportation between venues, hotels and parking sites
• Decorating – Determine the theme to be used and
the needs and costs of decorating
– enlist workers to set up and
• Mix and Mingle Year Parties – Enlist class year reps to host class year get-togethers at a venue of their choice (ie. homes, halls, park etc.)
• Non-denominational Church Service – arrange for persons to conduct service and assist them with whatever needs arise
Plus..... we still need Contact Reps (alumni that will help us find people from their class year) for the following years: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in filling any of these volunteer positions.
7. Alumni List PDF File
It's back! The registration list by grad year pdf file link is back on the site, its been placed near the top of the home page (nice yellow link just below the scrolling marque). We've also fixed the file size... it was getting way too big; much better now.
Photos, photos photos!! If you have CCI related photos, we'd love to see them... actually, everyone would like to see them. Photos have been a real hit on the website!
We ask everyone to encourage those people who haven't registered to come and join us on the website, There's no commitment and it's fun, it's painless and we promise not to spam anyone.
We'd like to thank everyone for their enthusiasm and support. See you at the Reunion!